Commonly Asked Questions
…about getting started.
Can I try the Club before I become a member?
Yes. Our 3-day try-before-you-buy trial membership lets you try the Club absolutely free, with no risk or obligation, before you decide to become a member. We want you to meet our staff, meet the other members and give us a chance to earn your business. At the end of 3 days, if we haven’t earned your business then we don’t deserve to have you as a member. This is available for any potential member who lives in the area, is at least 18 years old and has not been a guest at the club for at least 1 year.
Do I have to sign a contract?
No, we offer a month-to-month membership along with our Lifestyle agreements. If you anticipate
traveling or just don’t feel that you are ready to commit to a fitness program then our month-to-month membership is for you. If you are committed to fitness and want to save money too, then our regular
Lifestyle membership is the tool for you.
What are the incentive gift packages about?
We understand we have competition and use the gift packages as a way of saying thank you for choosing us. We appreciate your business and we use these opening gifts as a way of showing this appreciation. Most new members are looking for that little extra incentive that will help them make that final decision to get started on a fitness program. The gift incentive packages, (listed on page 12) include personal training sessions, 2 or 3 seven day trial visits for friends or relatives, and other cool perks. These are often just enough to help that member on the fence take that final step and join.
How do I get started?
Call the Club you interested in or stop by and any of our membership staff can help you choose the right membership for you and the paperwork only takes about 15 minutes.
What are my payment options?
Most of our Members choose the convenience of EFT – automatic payments. It is easy, convenient and accurate. You may also choose to be billed directly through the club or pay annually.
…about the club.
How’s the parking?
Parking is easy at the Club. All four of our facilities have ample parking for Members.
Do you have lockers and towel service?
We have a large number of free day use lockers, a limited number of rental lockers for those that like to keep their workout stuff at the club all year and we offer a rental towel service for $1 per towel.
Do I have to have a card to check-in?
We will issue you a barcoded membership card that makes checking in much easier and faster, but if you forget your card simply stop by the desk and we will make sure you get your workout.
Do I have to register for group classes?
We have lots of space and equipment. The need for class reservations is rare.
Can I book training or other club stuff by phone?
Almost everything we offer, beyond those things included as part of everyone’s base membership, such as personal training, can be booked by calling the service desk of your workout facility.
How do I bring a guest?
Guests are always welcome at the club. If your guest lives in the Club’s marketing area and qualifies for our trial membership we will be happy to extend the courtesy with a 24 hour advanced notice.
If your guest is from out of our club’s area or has visited our facilities before they can pay a nominal guest fee to use the Club with you.
…about Member Etiquette
If you are new to fitness, or worked out in a fitness facility that didn’t establish guidelines to help keep the members safe, we have a few suggestions in this section that will keep the gym moving and safe for all members. We have also included a separate section later in this guide for club rules.
- Always carry a workout towel and clean up after yourself on each piece of equipment you use. The Club furnishes spray cleaner throughout the workout room and we suggest you use it after using any piece of equipment your body or sweat comes in contact with.
- If you are using a piece of equipment for multiple sets, please allow other members to share with you while you are resting.
- Clean outfits please. Wearing that favorite tee shirt that has aged in the trunk of your car since your last workout is not acceptable to the other members.
- Be safe at all times. Use the collars on the bars, be aware of where other Members are working out, replace all weights after each use and do not do any exercises or movements that may endanger yourself or other Members.
- Watch your language and clothing slogans. Questionable language and messages offend many of our Members and will not be tolerated.
- Keep your personal things off the workout floors. Gym bags and other personal workout aides are not allowed on the floor due to the hazard they offer for other Members.
- Please help keep the restrooms and locker rooms safe and clean by cleaning up after yourself. Wipe the counters, flush the toilets, use the urinals and please shut your lockers after each use.
- Strong perfumes and colognes are not recommended.
- We ask that all Members are left to enjoy their privacy and peace and that no one solicits or bothers other Members when they are in the facility.
- Workout clothes are required in the workout areas of the club. Clean, untattered workout pants or shorts and a shirt are required as well as tennis shoes. Please no cut-offs, jeans, midriff tops or street shoes. Workout shoes are always required in all areas of the club except the pools and locker rooms.
- We ask that Members do not use cells phones in the locker rooms or on the cardio floor.
- Job Opportunities
- Guest Policies
- Seasonal Brochure
- Club Rentals
- Managers/Department Heads
- Electric Beach Tanning
- Physical Therapy
- Weather Delays
- Monthly Calendar
- Photo Gallery
- Nail/Hair Salon
- Pro Shop
- Cascade Cafe’
- About CAC
- NEW for you!